Tara Tiger Brown is an accomplished tech entrepreneur, educator and opinion writer with over 15 years experience as Technical Director and Product Manager working at UC Irvine, Born This Way Foundation, USC, Shazam, Topspin and Microsoft.
Brown’s latest projects include Los Angeles Makerspace, a non-profit community space for makers and tinkerers of all ages to create and collaborate and Represent.LA, an open-source map to put Los Angeles tech startups on the map
Tara co-founded DIY Girls for women in Los Angeles who want to hack on software and hardware projects while maintaining a sense of humor. She is passionate about getting more women into the technology field and supporting tech startups in Los Angeles which she blogs about for Forbes.
In case you prefer bullet points:
- Co-founder/Executive Director at LA Makerspace
- Open-source map of LA Tech Startups: Represent.LA (adopted by 20 other cities and counting…)
- Technology Director at the Digital Media Learning Research Hub at UC Irvine
- Former Technology Advisor at Born This Way Foundation
- Opinion pieces on Forbes about tech and women in tech
- Interest-driven mentor matching project:
Teach Me StuffHOMAGO
- Co-founded ladies tech group DIY Girls
- Freelance Technical Product Management gigs
- Speaks about transmedia and technology
- Connects talented folks with tech startups in LA